On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 6:08 AM, Jason Rutherglen <jason.rutherglen@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello all,

Michael McCandless and Yonik Seeley and I were discussing the IndexReaderWriter which would be a combined IndexReader and IndexWriter class.  The name of the class can change.  One key feature that can be added is realtime search.  Realtime search would enable Lucene to have database like functionality whereby each update is immediately searchable as opposed to today where each update is searchable after a commit.

I like the idea very much!

The Ocean code implements realtime search and could provide the basis for this functionality.  I would like to get to an agreement on the scope and functionality of the project and gather input.

Is there any "isolation" concept? Will the change reflect to other IndexReader before commit?

Thanks!

Jason Rutherglen

--
Best regards,