lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: CheckIndex tool
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 15:00:10 GMT

Actually, those exceptions are thrown by the code detecting the
mismatch, and then caught by CheckIndex and handled as meaning that
segment is corrupt.  This is consistent eg with how Lucene throws
CorruptIndexException deep down if it hits an inconsistency.

I think it's fine if you want to not use exceptions for the "local"
mismatches, and instead record the error in a data structure and then
stop processing that one segment.  But for the "deep down" exceptions
you still have to keep the catch in CheckIndex to record those.

Mike