lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: CheckIndex tool
Date Tue, 05 Aug 2008 13:30:17 GMT
I'll look into these.  The other parts I am not sure on is the
throwing of exceptions for mismatches.  I know they mean CheckIndex
can't go forward, but they aren't really errors in CheckIndex, so much
as errors in the index, which CheckIndex is just reporting.  So, I'm
inclined to capture that and present it (and return immediately)
instead of throw an exception.  Is that reasonable?

-Grant