lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: IndexReaderWriter
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 09:42:22 GMT

I agree: getting real-time search working natively in Lucene is an
important goal.

I think as an immediate step we should get Ocean committed in contrib?
This way users can easily try it out, report back, etc.

Ocean is nice in that it operates above Lucene's core (using
InstantiatedIndex/Reader to handle the "live" additions).  Besides
LUCENE-1314 (forcing IndexReader.reopen to return a clone even when no
changes have been committed to the index), are there any other pending
core changes that Ocean needs?

Mike