lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: IndexReaderWriter
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 14:33:15 GMT

On Aug 21, 2008, at 10:07 AM, Jason Rutherglen wrote:

> Is there someone who can help me with the committing to contrib?
> Karl Wettin perhaps?  It would be good to work with someone on the
> committing so that all the concepts are flushed out and documented.

Any committer can, you just need to keep pestering us, we all
basically volunteer and assign as we feel comfortable with based on
our commitments. :-)  One thing at this point, I guess to do, is make
sure the patch is up to date w/ trunk.  Basically, anything you can do
to make it as simple as possible for us to review would be
appreciated, i.e. good tests that pass, documentation, tutorial on
use, etc.

I'll see if I can try out the patch soon.

> On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 9:53 AM, Grant Ingersoll
> <> wrote:
> On Aug 21, 2008, at 5:42 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:
> I agree: getting real-time search working natively in Lucene is an
> important goal.
> +1.  It's gotta be one of the most popular questions I get asked in
> training/consulting jobs.
> I think as an immediate step we should get Ocean committed in contrib?
> This way users can easily try it out, report back, etc.
> +1

View raw message