lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Rutherglen" <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: IndexReaderWriter
Date Thu, 21 Aug 2008 13:47:09 GMT
Michael,

The realtime search code is more or less ready.  It probably needs some more
test cases related to multithreading.  I could use some help in coming up
with test cases as admittedly I struggle with them.

In terms of the native Lucene version, I think it may be useful to offer
optimistic concurrency which would make the API slightly different than
IndexWriter's add, delete, update document methods.  The reason optimistic
concurrency is needed is updating documents can become problematic without
it in realtime.

The API might look something like:
addDocument()
updateDocument(String id, long version, Document document)
deleteDocument(String id)