lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Rutherglen" <jason.rutherg...@gmail.com>
Date Wed, 20 Aug 2008 22:08:45 GMT
Hello all,

Michael McCandless and Yonik Seeley and I were discussing the
IndexReaderWriter which would be a combined IndexReader and IndexWriter
class.  The name of the class can change.  One key feature that can be added
is realtime search.  Realtime search would enable Lucene to have database
like functionality whereby each update is immediately searchable as opposed
to today where each update is searchable after a commit.  The Ocean code
implements realtime search and could provide the basis for this
functionality.  I would like to get to an agreement on the scope and
functionality of the project and gather input.

Thanks!

Jason Rutherglen