lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: CheckIndex tool
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 21:01:48 GMT

This sounds good!  I like the idea of checking the index when Solr has
to force release the write.lock.

The one caveat is, when checking a large index (which can take quite
some time), it'd be nice to have the equivalent of the inline'd
out.print/ln calls happen in realtime so that you can see (on the
command line output) that progress is being made, which segment is
being checked, etc.?

Maybe change it to an optional "infoStream" (like IndexWriter), and
then the current inlined prints become calls to message() which checks
if infoStream is non-null?

Mike