lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject CheckIndex tool
Date Mon, 04 Aug 2008 20:12:44 GMT
Hey Mike,

I'm thinking about https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-566 and
was thinking about adding some more programmatic access to the
CheckIndex tool and wanted to see if you had any thoughts.  Basically,
I am going to to capture info into a simple data structure that can
then be introspected and serialized into a RequestHandler, but also
something that might be more generally useful in certain cases where
things go bad.  I was debating keeping the inline out.printlns, but
not sure if they shouldn't just be moved to the main such that the cmd
line stuff still works as is, but it doesn't clog the logs for those
that want programmatic access.

I'll post a patch soon, but wanted to see if you had any preliminary
insight.

-Grant