lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Break Back Compatibility "Contract" on Fieldable
Date Wed, 30 Jul 2008 15:17:44 GMT

On Jul 30, 2008, at 11:07 AM, DM Smith wrote:
> I'm not sure that the comment that "this gives anyone with a pulse
> enough time to react" is particularly accurate or helpful. It all
> depends upon effective communication (such as to Lucene user's
> mailing list and package maintainers).

It was mostly meant tongue in cheek...  The fact is, releases are few
and far between in Lucene world, usually 6 mos or more and are hashed
over for a long time before that.  I think that is plenty of time for
even the strictest of organizations to make a decision on what to do
in regards to upgrading (which is never required).

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message