lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven A Rowe" <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: maven snapshot repository
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 17:22:31 GMT
Looking into this further, I can see that the nightly jars are being produced properly - for
example, lucene-core is labeled 2.4-SNAPSHOT, and the files are dated today:

<http://hudson.zones.apache.org/hudson/job/Lucene-trunk/ws/maven_artifacts/lucene/lucene-core/>

But the path in the above URL is not exactly the same as the path being copied as part of
the nightly cron job, which calls 'publish-maven.sh' - here are its contents, from <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/nightly/publish-maven.sh?revision=600897&view=markup>:

scp -r /export/home/hudson/hudson/jobs/Lucene-Nightly/maven-artifacts/lucene/* gsingers@people.apache.org:/www/people.apache.org/maven-snapshot-repository/org/apache/lucene

So, assuming there is no path munging going on here, I think 'publish-maven.sh' needs to be
changed to reflect the path in the above hudson nightly URL.  Something along the lines of
(perl regex syntax):

   s!jobs/Lucene-Nightly!job/Lucene-trunk/ws!

Could someone with access to the zones machine(s) please verify this?

If this is the correct fix, I think that Grant would then need to check out the fixed 'publish-maven.sh'
to his home directory on the zones machine, since the cron job calling it is run under his
account - from <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/nightly/nightly.cron?revision=591125&view=markup>:

   03 5 * * *       $HOME/lucene/nightly/publish-maven.sh > $HOME/lucene/nightly/publish-maven.log
2>&1

Steve