lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: How to do a query using less than or greater than
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2008 21:12:19 GMT

: and how to use them?  For a concrete example I'm looking to do a query
: on a date field to find documents earlier than a specified date or
: later than a specified date.  Ex: date:( >20070101)  or date:
: (<20070101).  I looked at the range query feature but it didn't appear
: to cover this case. Anyone have any suggestions?

RangeQuery (and ConstantScoreRangeQuery) can both cover this case by
setting either the upper or lowe term to null.

Incidently...
http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#java-dev
Please Use "java-user@lucene" Not "java-dev@lucene"

not the java-dev@lucene list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.  Please resend your message to
the java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better

-Hoss