lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Marc C Hadfield <>
Subject Seeking Senior Java Developer with Lucene Experience (Semantic Search Start-up Company)
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 00:23:08 GMT

Hello All -

I'm seeking java developers with Lucene experiece. Please see see below
if interested:

Marc Hadfield

Semantic Web / Senior Java Developer

Alitora Systems is a start-up software company providing an innovative
Semantic Search and Collaboration service.

We are building the first true commercial Semantic Web Service as a SaaS
platform. We are primarily serving the Life Science Industry, such as
the pharmaceutical industry, which requires a huge amount of critical
high value data to support Drug Development, Competitive Intelligence,
and Business Development.

Our core technology is the kHarmony Semantic Database™: a general
hyper-graph database used to store knowledge modeled semantically.

We are seeking a senior developer with significant Java experience,

* Strong Experience with Semantic technologies and/or Search Engine
technologies, such as:
Java Lucene search engine
Machine Learning algorithms and toolkits
JENA and related Java toolkits

* Significant Experience implementing efficient algorithms in areas such as:
Search engine query processing and/or index construction
Inference algorithms, Logic Algorithms
Machine Learning / Statistical Methods
Graph Theoretic Algorithms
Natural Language Processing algorithms, such as Entity Extraction

* Understanding of Semantic Web concepts, such as:
RDF, OWL, Inference Engines, URIs

* Understanding of Graph Theory concepts, such as:
Nodes, Edges, Depth-First-Search, Cliques

* Appreciation of the Life Sciences

* Great inter-personal / teamwork skills and communication skills

* Able to prosper in a cutting-edge start-up environment

* And especially, Passionate Enthusiasm for New Technology and Start-Ups

Please reply with a resume.

We’re seeking to bring developers on as consultants or employees,
depending on individual circumstance

We're based in New York City, although some developers work remotely. We
have daily meetings EST.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message