lucene-dev mailing list archives

From insaneyogi <sgsa...@hotmail.com>
Date Wed, 04 Jun 2008 17:45:27 GMT

While going through the change doc for Lucene 1.9 , I came upon this
statement/change:

When opening an IndexWriter with create=true, Lucene now only deletes
    its own files from the index directory (looking at the file name
suffixes
    to decide if a file belongs to Lucene). The old behavior was to delete
    all files. (Daniel Naber and Bernhard Messer, bug #34695)

I want to know why would any files except the "lucene" files be preserved in
case there is a delete, is'nt the point of delete to take out all the
existing files , am I missing something ? Please let me know