lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael McCandless <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: Help to solve an issue when upgrading Lucene-Oracle integration to lucene 2.3.1
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 15:18:17 GMT

CC'ing java-dev...

Marcelo and I have been iterating / drilling down on this odd
exception when flushing a segment.  Lucene is running embedded in
Oracle, using Oracle's JVM.

After adding numerous prints, it looks as if DocumentWriter's
quickSort suddenly stops working correctly.  We pass in an array of
distinct Posting[] instances, and then somehow after quickSort is
done, the array is weirdly messed up: sometimes the same Posting
instance occurs twice, the order is not quite sorted (yet close).
Very weird.

Marcelo has a single doc which when indexed once, works, then when
indexed again, fails.  A standalone test with just that doc always
works.

It very much seems like a JRE bug at this point.

Marcelo, in one similar issue on JRE 1.6.0_04 and 1.6.0_05, adding
-Xbatch or -Xint sometimes worked around the issue.  I don't know if
you're able to try such parameters with Oracle but it may be worth a
shot if so?

Mike