lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven A Rowe" <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Lingustically-enhanced indexing for Lucene
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 12:20:50 GMT
Hi Felipe,

On 05/09/2008 at 8:06 AM, fsanchez@dlsi.ua.es wrote:
> A couple of moths ago I asked in this list how to contribute
> to Lucene. You told me that I should do a patch a report a
> bug to JIRA. Actually, what I want to contribute is a
> completely new development that I think should be placed
> in the contrib folder. It is not a bug, all the code is new,
> no existing files have been modified.

The procedure is the same for both bugs and new features - you may already know about the
wiki page that describes this, but just in case:

<http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/HowToContribute>

> On the other hand, it is java 1.5 compatible. Even
> developments in contrib, that are rather independent,
> must be java 1.4 compatible?

Actually, the policy is now that code in contrib can be java 1.5 (or 1.4) compatible.  The
1.4 compatibility requirement applies only to non-contrib code.  (Note to self: fix the HowToContribute
page to note this fact.)

Steve