lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Shay Banon <kim...@gmail.com>
Subject Deprecation of flush in IndexWriter
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2008 12:20:31 GMT

Hi,

   I was just looking a bit at the trunk. First, let me say that the
progress you guys make is amazing!. I would still like to ask a quick
question regarding deprecation of flush in IndexWriter. I think that there
are cases where flush is needed. For example, in trying to create a two
phase (or as close as possible to one) commit. The flush can be used for the
fist phase and the close/commit can be used for the second one. Does it make
sense?

Cheers,
Shay