lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Index Optimization
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 02:41:23 GMT

1) http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-adee7c1d869aa20101733944da79e15a1a2e7dfa

FAQ: "Why do I have a deletable file (and old segment files remain) after running optimize?"

2) http://people.apache.org/~hossman/#java-dev

Please Use "java-user@lucene" Not "java-dev@lucene"

not the java-dev@lucene list.  java-dev is for discussing development of
the internals of the Lucene Java library ... it is *not* the appropriate
place to ask questions about how to use the Lucene Java library when
developing your own applications.

If you have further questions about this topic, please send them to the
java-user mailing list, where you are likely to get more/better responses
since that list also has a larger number of subscribers.

: I managed to optimize my index successfully. The problem that I'm having now
: is when I check the index using Lucene Index Toolbox there are a few files
: in the index itself is deletable. I understand that optimize method will
: merge the index files but How come there is still deletable index files in
: it? What I do now is delete it manually. Is there by any chance that I can
: delete it automatically? Any code that I can refer to?

-Hoss