lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven A Rowe" <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject RE: Looking to Index Various Document Types.
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:08:40 GMT
'sup, DD:

You should have posted your question, which is about *using* Lucene, to the java-user mailing
list; the java-dev mailing list is instead intended for discussion of *development of* Lucene.

Here's a Lius tutorial, in both French and English:

http://www.doculibre.com/lius/

And here's a discussion of using Solr to index OpenOffice.org docs - basically done by unzipping
and XSLT to create per-field data:

<http://wiki.apache.org/cocoon-data/attachments/GT2006Notes/attachments/13-SubversionSolr.pdf>

Aperture <http://aperture.sf.net> claims to support OO.o 1.X files - you might look
there if you don't want to roll your own solution.

Steve

On 03/12/2008 at 3:12 PM, DURGA DEEP wrote:
>  HI Folks,
>
> I was looking at the Lucene FAQ and I found this very interesting.
> How can I index OpenOffice.org files?
[...]