lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Steven A Rowe" <>
Subject RE: Looking to Index Various Document Types.
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 21:08:40 GMT
'sup, DD:

You should have posted your question, which is about *using* Lucene, to the java-user mailing
list; the java-dev mailing list is instead intended for discussion of *development of* Lucene.

Here's a Lius tutorial, in both French and English:

And here's a discussion of using Solr to index docs - basically done by unzipping
and XSLT to create per-field data:

Aperture <> claims to support OO.o 1.X files - you might look
there if you don't want to roll your own solution.

On 03/12/2008 at 3:12 PM, DURGA DEEP wrote:
>  HI Folks,
> I was looking at the Lucene FAQ and I found this very interesting.
> How can I index files?
> But the problem is that I was not able to find more information on
> Had any one had better luck on finding
> more information on Using Luis ?. Also please suggest any alternatives
> if Luis is no longer available. We have the following documents PDF / MS
> Documents etc.. in the pipeline that needs to be indexed
> Thanks Much
> -DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: