lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Fieldable, AbstractField, Field
Date Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:43:49 GMT
I have to agree with the blog (it terms of interfaces/classes and
'why Lucene isn't all that). Of course, it seems like we have faced
almost the exact same problems.

If you read farther down in the comments there is a very specific
example that explains the problem quite well.

There is also a reference to why "an interface should define at most
one member" is a poor decision, and prohibits some fairly standard OO
designs

abstract classes are a huge pain and end-up exposing much of the
implementation.

anyone that has done complex swing work knows the problems of
Component and Container being classes and not interfaces

still, Lucene is still the best...