lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Thu, 20 Mar 2008 02:07:47 GMT
Bok Marko,

Very interested.  I suggest you continue the discussion on, though

You should note that there are several efforts around distributed Lucene.  There is SOLR-303
for distributed search, and there is some work in progress in Hadoop land around distributed
indexing in a Hadoop cluster.

Sematext -- -- Lucene - Solr - Nutch

----- Original Message ----
From: Marko Novakovic <>
Sent: Wednesday, March 19, 2008 8:02:29 PM
Subject: Google Summer of Code

I have idea to implement distributed version of Lucene
for Google Summer of Code. Distributed version would
improve speed of ranking. I have also idea to
implement ranking criteria based on users' behavior
and community based.
If you are interested in this I will describe all
details of my idea.

Marko Novakovic

Be a better friend, newshound, and
know-it-all with Yahoo! Mobile.  Try it now.;_ylt=Ahu06i62sR8HDtDypao8Wcj9tAcJ

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message