lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Usefulness of Similarity.queryNorm()
Date Wed, 13 Feb 2008 01:04:24 GMT
:-)

I don't know a lot about it, but my understanding has always been that
comparing across queries is difficult at best, so that would argue for
removing it, but I haven't done any research into it.  I think it has
been in Lucene for a good long time, so it may be that the history of
why it is in there is forgotten.  Also, do you have a sense of it's
cost in terms of performance?

-Grant