lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Peuss <tho...@peuss.de>
Subject Tokenfilter to decompose compound words
Date Tue, 05 Feb 2008 21:08:17 GMT
Hello!

I have nearly finished a tokenfilter to decompose compound words you
find in many germanic languages (like German, Swedish, ...) into single
tokens.

An example: Donaudampfschiff would be decomposed to Donau, dampf, schiff
so that you can find the word even when you only enter "Schiff".

I use the hyphenation code from the Apache XML project FOP
(http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/) to do the first step of
decomposition. Currently I use the FOP jars directly. I only use a
handful of classes from the FOP project.

My question now:
Would it be OK to copy this classes over to the Lucene project
(renaming the packages of course) or should I stick with the dependency
to the FOP jars? The FOP code uses the ASF V2 license as well.

What do you think?

CU
Thomas