lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Michael McCandless" <luc...@mikemccandless.com>
Subject Re: DocumentsWriter.checkMaxTermLength issues
Date Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:54:38 GMT
I actually think indexing should try to be as robust as possible.  You
could test like crazy and never hit a massive term, go into production
(say, ship your app to lots of your customer's computers) only to
suddenly see this exception.  In general it could be a long time before
you "accidentally" our users see this.

So I'm thinking we should have the default behavior, in IndexWriter,
be to skip immense terms?

Then people can use TokenFilter to change this behavior if they want.

Mike