lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Naber <lucenelist2...@danielnaber.de>
Subject Re: [Lucene-java Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by PietSchmidt
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2007 19:29:03 GMT
On Montag, 17. Dezember 2007, Apache Wiki wrote:

> +  * [http://frauen-kennenlernen.com/ Frauen kennenlernen] - Search
> engine using Lucene

I don't claim that this is spam, but more and more of the Wiki "PoweredBy"
links look like someone just wants a link from the Lucene project,
probably to boost their Google ranking. We cannot tell whether these
people really use Lucene at all, or if they use some blogging software
which in turn uses Lucene (in that case it wouldn't make sense to link
them from our page either).

My suggestion would be that we only accept links if people use Lucene
directly (not via a software that has a Lucene-based search anyway) and
that they put a link to Lucene on their imprint/contact page or on the
search result page. On the other hand, while the page above is harmless, I
guess it's not necessarily something Apache Lucene needs to be associated
with.

Any suggestions?

Regards
 Daniel