lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Yonik Seeley" <>
Subject Re: possible segment merge improvement?
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2007 15:47:06 GMT
On 11/1/07, Doron Cohen <> wrote:
> My reading of Robert's suggestion is that when we know that
> FieldInfos of the resulted segment is identical to the
> FieldInfos of a certain (sub) segment being merged then
> there is no need to parse+rewrite the field data for all
> docs of that (sub)segment, rather they can be written as is.

Ah right... so for sparse fields it really depends on the order
documents were added to the segment I imagine.
If a document w/o all fields is added first, I guess the field numbers
would be different in the segments.  Also, people should take care to
add fields in the same order (first doc in the segment will define the
fieldname->fieldnumber ordering I think)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message