lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Apache logs and data
Date Mon, 19 Nov 2007 18:29:01 GMT

: Note that logs are generally considered private data.  So we could not make
: these available to the general public, but only to folks who've somehow sworn
: to keep them private.

but in theory, it would be okay to make aggregated info from the logs
available right?  ie: we don't want to make the full access logs for
lucene.apache.org public, but if we crunched those logs to produce a
report of (querystring,accesscount)->url mappings based on requests that
had a major search engine as the refer URL, that should be fine right?

-Hoss