lucene-dev mailing list archives

From robert engels <reng...@ix.netcom.com>
Subject Re: Term pollution from binary data
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2007 20:11:22 GMT
I was thinking of more along the Java ImageIO ImageRead/WriteParam
stuff.

class IndexReaderParam {
	get/set UseLargeBuffers()
	get/set UseReadAhead();
	.. etc. other "standard" options, a particular index reader if free
to ignore them ...
}

a custom IndexReader would create a custom CustomIndexReaderParam class.

class CustomIndexReader {
	void setIndexReaderParam(IndexReaderParm p) {
		CustomIndexReaderParam cp;
		if(p instanceof CustomerIndexReaderParam) {
			cp = (CustomIndexReaderParam)p;
		} else {
			cp  = new CustomIndexReaderParam(p);
		}
		... set params ...
	}
}

class CustomIndexReader extends IndexReaderParam {
	get/set CacheTerms
	.. etc..

	CustomIndexReader(){}
	CustomIndexReader(IndexReaderParam p){
		set super properties from p
	}
}

I don't really like the get/set name/value pair stuff. You end
needing to define constants, etc. Make reading code much more
difficult, and refactoring harder. It also makes generating the
javadoc for the API much more difficult.