lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: First cut at web-based Luke for contrib
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:50:48 GMT
Compiled and ran it on Vista. Very cool. I am also a huge GWT fan.

This is a great start. Only issue I ran into was also the scrolling
issue when selecting the drive...but based on the TODO: comments, it
appears you have seen that.

Grant:
It doesn't ask permission to read your hard drive because a webapp
running in Jetty is reading the server hard drive and sending the info
to GWT with ajax rpc calls.

My only concern is with the size increase this will give to the Lucene
jar. Another 17 meg - yikes!

- Mark