lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Apache logs and data
Date Thu, 15 Nov 2007 13:33:31 GMT
Would people be interested in asking infrastructure to see if we can
get our hands on things like JIRA search logs and any other search/
query logs available?  I'm thinking if we had this, plus the
underlying data, we could start to use this in a number of places like
benchmark, for testing relevance algorithms (after developing
relevance judgments) and also for demos, etc.

Basically, I'm looking to get our hands on a common set of data we can
all use for testing, etc. just like the Wikipedia stuff and the TREC
data (even though there didn't seem much interest in that.)

So, if I ask infrastructure, are there volunteers interested in
helping bring some or all of this into Lucene?  I can contact
infrastructure (and have to some extent already here at ApacheCon) but
don't want to put all of the burden on them, so I think we would need
to step up and help them obtain it (if it isn't already available)

-Grant