lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "J. Delgado" <jdelg...@lendingclub.com>
Subject Re: Geographical indexing in Lucene
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 22:38:25 GMT
Quadtrees and R-trees have been used as special "domain" indexes in Oracle
RDBMS for Spatial:
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/spatial/htdocs/data_sheet_9i/9iR2_spatial_ds.html

Some lectures and papers:

http://csiweb.ucd.ie/staff/mbertolotto/home/lecture-notes4025-07-08.htm
http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/login.jsp?url=/iel5/9217/29235/01320042.pdf
http://www.espatial.com/pdf/TWP_Spatial_Oracle_Spatial_and_Oracle_Locator_10gR2_0513.pdf

This is yet another evidence of the RDBMS/IR integration trend.

-- Joaquin