lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Possibility of introducing non-Apache license DTDDoc into build system?
Date Wed, 03 Oct 2007 21:09:59 GMT

: Anyone know what the procedure/licensing implications are if I wanted to add a
: build dependency on DTDDoc? It looks like historically the Struts project used
: DTDDoc for some of their documentation but that was using Maven 2 and it looks
: to me like DTDDoc is not entirely Apache licensed see:
: http://dtddoc.sourceforge.net/license.txt

even if we can't included DTDDoc in the code base/release, this seems like
a similar issue to that of JFlex when standardAnalyzer was changed ...
it's just a tool for generating HTML docs from the DTD right?  so the
build system could assume a developer has DTDDoc installed if they
attempt to run "ant dtd-docs" and fail otherwise.  the generated HTML docs
could be commited to the repository (just like hte generated
StandardTokenizer.java is commited to the repository) so casual developers
don't *have* to have DTDDoc installed to read the documentation.

right?

-Hoss