lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Karl Wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject More about the TermVectorMapper
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 00:51:43 GMT

25 okt 2007 kl. 01.23 skrev Karl Wettin:

> The use case is that I want a normalized frequency, and I'd like to
> do that by loading the factor from an IndexReader in setExpectations.

Moving along in this code, how about passing down the current
document number to the mapper? Perhaps in setExpectations, perhaps as
a simple setter method.

Really no big deal to handle that my self via an ad hoc setter
method, but I think it make sense that the mapper is aware of what
document it is working with, that the mapper is told when it is used
for a new/different document.

I reuse a (non thread safe) mapper to go easy on the GC, clearing it
from data between mappings of different documents. It would be great
if all that could be handled by the mapper, keeping the calling layer
of code above that as thin as possible.

--
karl