lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Lucene Analyzers
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 01:24:58 GMT
A Google search reveals: http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/lucene-java-user/200408.mbox/%3C20040824104117.64458.qmail@web50204.mail.yahoo.com%3E

Which leads to http://ltrc.iiit.net/showfile.php?filename=onlineServices/morph/index.htm

However, I don't see one contributed to contrib/analyzers, so feel
free to take it on.  Sounds like a welcome addition to me.

You might also try asking others on the Lucene User mailing list
concerning their experience.

Cheers,
Grant

On Oct 28, 2007, at 8:49 PM, Sandeep Mahendru wrote:

> Hi All,
>
>   My name is Sandeep Mehandru.
>
> I have been working at Wachovia Bank, charlotte North Carolina.
>
> I have been involved in a project,where I am designing a Report/Log
> tracker,
> which support English like queries.
> I have been using Lucene indexing/searching a lot.
>
> I have gone through the concepts of Analyzers, Filters and Tokens. I
> have
> laos done some lexical analysis in past on some of the projects.
>
> I am very interested in writing a Lucene anlayzer for the HINDI
> language.
> Has this work been done, If not i would like to work on it and add
> it to the
> Lucene API.
>
> I knwo that first I would have to work on defining the grammer for
> the Hindi
> language.
>
> Please let me know your comments on the same.
>
> Regards,

Grant Ingersoll
http://lucene.grantingersoll.com

Lucene Boot Camp Training: