lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Fwd: lucene indexing and merge process
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 16:34:01 GMT
Hoss has worked on a new FieldCache implementation that should address
this if finished and used with the new reopen. I have been meaning to
look at it in greater detail myself, but havn't gotten at it. It sounds
as if he has been a bit too busy to be be able to work on it himself. It
would only require the reloading of the FieldCache for the
SegmentReaders that have changed I believe...eg each SegmentReader would
have its own FieldCache...

- Mark