lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Busch <busch...@gmail.com>
Subject Exceptions in TestConcurrentMergeScheduler
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2007 06:33:13 GMT
Hi,

I noticed the following exception in TestConcurrentMergeScheduler:

 [junit] Testsuite: org.apache.lucene.index.TestConcurrentMergeScheduler
    [junit] Tests run: 4, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Time elapsed: 17.765 sec
    [junit] ------------- Standard Error -----------------
    [junit] Exception in thread "Thread-113"
org.apache.lucene.index.MergePolicy$MergeException:
java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:263)
    [junit] Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.mergeInit(IndexWriter.java:2744)
    [junit] 	at
org.apache.lucene.index.ConcurrentMergeScheduler$MergeThread.run(ConcurrentMergeScheduler.java:238)

I ran the test again a couple of times, but didn't see the exception
again. Also, these exceptions don't let the testcase fail, so even if
the exceptions occur in the nightly build we probably won't notice it.

- Michael