lucene-dev mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Geographical indexing in Lucene
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 20:53:15 GMT
Great work, Evgeny!

I'm certainly interested in this area and will be dissecting this in
some detail.

I've done similar work before but making use of JTS (Java Topology
Suite), using the OpenGIS standards for spatial features/queries and
2-pass spatial queries (first rough pass is MBB only, 2nd pass does full
geometry tests but only for results that satisfied any Lucene-text
queries). What I haven't addressed (which you have here) is disk-based
spatial indexes which is obviously the key to scalability.

Should have more to discuss once I've dug deeper in...
I for one would be interested in making this part of Lucene.

Thanks again,
Mark