lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Sandeep Mahendru" <mahendru.sand...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Gate Framework
Date Mon, 29 Oct 2007 22:07:22 GMT
Hi Steven,

 Thanks for helping me out. I have now installed a SVN client and downloaded
the latest Lucene Code. I would now start working on implementing an anlyzer
for the Hindi language. I would take the following the logical steps to
achive the same:

  1.  Idnetify the UTF-8 or Unicode charcter set represetning Hindi
language.
  2. Create a sample Hindi Text for indexing and seraching
  3. Define a Grammer using Gate or Java CC for identifying the tokens for
the hindid language.
  4. Implement the Analyzer code and create the correct Tokenzier and
stemfilters or use the existing ones, if any.

     A few years ago I had worked on creating an XPL/Java converter for Blue
Cross Blue shield. XPL is a propertory language which executes on Mainframe
systems. I had then used www.ProGrammar.com to generate grammer definitions.
Anywas that was a programming language.

I would try my best to remain comiited to this effort. I have some project
release deadlines at the end of this month for the Wachovia bank.

Regards,
Sandeep.