lucene-dev mailing list archives

From "Shailendra Mudgal" <mudgal.shailen...@gmail.com>
Subject Caching in lucene
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:21:43 GMT
Hi All,

One thing that i understand about IndexReader is that for subsequent
queries, results come fast as the IndexReader needs to be warmed up.
According to this, I am trying to find out the answers of following
questions :
- is there any caching is done in lucene for search ?
- if yes, is it for terms or for previous queries ?
- how the caching is implemented and what is the policy for caching

Can anybody explain this to me in detail or send some links regarding this?

With Regards,
Shailendra