lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Andi Vajda <va...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: 2.3
Date Fri, 28 Sep 2007 15:47:02 GMT

On Fri, 28 Sep 2007, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

> I see 3 issues open against 2.3 still, plus 1 that are open against 2.2
>
> I think the biggest issue before releasing is our confidence in the major
> changes related to DocumentsWriter and the merge stuff, right?
>
> Do we want to try to set a date for a release?

I found a bug with indexing documents that contain fields with Term Vectors.
The indexing fails with 'reading past EOF' errors in what seems the index
optimizing phase during addIndexes(). (I index first into a RAMDirectory, then
addIndexes() into an FSDIrectory).

I have not filed the bug yet formally as I need to isolate the code. If I turn
indexing with term vectors off, indexing completes fine.

Andi..