lucene-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject svn:eol-style=native ... was: Re: [jira] Commented: (LUCENE-986) Refactor segmentInfos from IndexReader into its subclasses
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 06:56:09 GMT

: I ask because i'm haivng trouble applying the patch from the 12th ... i 
: must be tired because i can't understand why, it doesn't look like the 
: files have changed since you posted the patch, so i'm not sure what it's 
: complaining about ...  visually everything seems to match up...

FYI: the main problem was that MultiSegmentReader didn't have 
svn:eol-style set to native and was commited with DOS line endings, which 
were preserved when i checked out onto a unix box ... for some reason even 
with -l, patch didn't like that the line endings were all different.

moral of the story: use "enable-auto-props" in your .subversion/config 
file so files allways get the right properties set when you add them.

(Incidently: the problem with MultiReader was aparently that svn diff 
doesn't expand $Id$ tags, and one was right in the middle of the context, 
confusing patch.  i've never seen that before, but i haven't relaly been 


To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message