lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject TermVectorsWriter and DocumentsWriter
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2007 01:21:39 GMT
I am trying to understand the new DocumentsWriter a bit...

I am wondering if TermVectorsWriter is still used?  It doesn't seem
to be, at least not any of its methods (some of the constants still
are, either that or my IDE is not properly finding method calls or I
am too bleary-eyed at the moment).  It seems to be replaced by the
writeVectors() method in DocumentsWriter.  If it is the case that
TermVectorsWriter is not used anymore, should we remove it?

Also, is there a standalone test for DocumentsWriter or is it just
through IndexWriter that it is tested?   Is there anyway
DocumentsWriter could be split up so we could test some of these
individual components better?

The reason I am asking is the java-user post "Re: getting term offset
information for fields with multiple value entiries" got me interested.

Cheers,
Grant