lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Weiss <dawid.we...@cs.put.poznan.pl>
Subject Re: TREC Collection, NIST and Lucene
Date Tue, 21 Aug 2007 07:15:02 GMT

It's more of a chicken-and-egg problem I guess; it's the same with E.U. grants
and local science grants over here (Poland) -- the government funds some
projects, but who if not us funds the government? I am a strong believer that
the results of public grants should be open and available for everyone. Maybe
I'm idealistic though.

Fingers crossed it will work out as expected.

Dawid