lucene-dev mailing list archives

From markharw00d <>
Subject Re: Fwd: Decouple Filter from BitSet: API change and xml query parser
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2007 19:32:54 GMT

> Right, the only thing left is then how to get a Matcher from this iterator.

I think the iterator *is* the equivalent of the Matcher as you've
described it - a Scorer without the scores used once by a single thread
to iterate across a set of doc ids.

> I suppose the Filter criterium is a Lucene Query?
Could be (QueryFilter or FilteredQuery? - can never remember which wraps
which), but RangeFilter and TermsFilter are examples of Filters with
their own criteria (a range and a list of terms respectively). There may
be others out there...

> Anyway, I'll let it sink in over my holidays :)
Have a good break !

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message