lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: build.xml for a contrib wich depend on an other contrib
Date Tue, 10 Jul 2007 18:33:45 GMT

: finished. The source is buildable with ant, but, in the lucene trunk,
: it failed. The build depends on SpellChecker wich is build after. How
: can can I fix it? A statical spellChecker.jar in lib in my contrib? a
: "depends" in the right place in my "compile" target?

here's an example of a contrib that has compile time dependencies on
another contrib...

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/lucene/java/trunk/contrib/xml-query-parser/build.xml?revision=545696&view=markup

...it depends on contrib/queries.  The nuts and bolts are:
 1. set a property if the other contrib jars you depend on don't exist.
 2. override your classpath to include those jars
 3. make your targets depend on a target that proactively builds the other
    contribs if unless the previously mentioend property is set.

-Hoss