lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Post mortem kudos for (LUCENE-843) :)
Date Fri, 13 Jul 2007 12:59:01 GMT
This is good stuff...  Might be good to put a organized version of
this up on the Wiki under Best Practices

On Jul 13, 2007, at 8:13 AM, Michael McCandless wrote:

> Yeah it's not so easy now: Field.java does not have setters.
>
> You have to make your own class that implements Fieldable (or
> subclasses AbstractField) and adds your own setters.  Field.java is
> also [currently] final so you can't subclass it.

Should we consider putting in these changes?  I think it might be a
little weird on the Search side to have setters for Field and it
sounds like it could cause trouble for people esp. in a threaded
indexing situation, but maybe I am mistaken?

At any rate, it sounds like these would be good contributions as long
as they are well documented.

-Grant