lucene-dev mailing list archives

From DM Smith <>
Subject Re: Author Tags
Date Fri, 06 Jul 2007 12:10:07 GMT
As a user of Lucene, I can go either way.
With an active developer community their need is lessened.

The greatest value I have found in them is being able to track down
"duplicate" bugs. If I find a particular bug in one piece of code, I
try to find other places where the same bug exists, on the assumption
that people use cut and paste way too much and that each developer,
for sanity's sake, uses a subset of a language and a set of personal
coding patterns in writing code (same mistakes repeated).

My question is whether contrib should have a separate policy?
If the @author is removed from the file, should we make sure that
there is a CREDITS.txt for the contrib with the info in it.

The reason I ask this is that some times I see posts here asking what
the code intentions of the author were.

-- DM Smith