lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Migrate Lucene to JDK 1.5 for 3.0 release
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 01:07:34 GMT

On Jul 26, 2007, at 8:56 PM, Michael Busch wrote:

> Grant Ingersoll wrote:
>> 2. Release 2.4 so all of Mike M's goodness is available to 1.4 users
>> within the next 2-4 weeks using our new release mechanism (i.e code
>

> Hi Grant,
>
> 2-4 weeks seems quite soon considering that 2.2 is very new and that
> there are a lot of open issues targeted for 2.3. For example, I would
> like to get LUCENE-743 into the next release. And Mike is also working
> on a couple of issues, like LUCENE-845, that, I think, should be
> committed before the next release.

OK, that is fine with me, I guess I was just hyped up to get going.
Also, we did say we wanted to release more often, but you are right,
we did just do 2.3.

>> Here is my +1.
>>

> My +1 for switching to JDK 1.5 with Lucene 3.0, however in a somewhat
> relaxed timeframe. Releasing 2.3 in let's say 2 months seems more
> realistic and reasonable to me.

So, +1 for ~2 mos. time frame.

> Btw: I could also do the RM work again if you want me to, I'm in
> practice now ;) (oh that reminds me that I should update the wiki
> release page... will do)

Cool, I would like to have try my hand at it at least once just so we
have another person on it, but will gladly work with you on it.

-Grant