lucene-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Miller <markrmil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Post mortem kudos for (LUCENE-843) :)
Date Thu, 12 Jul 2007 17:50:08 GMT
My results have been fantastic as well (though not as fantastic as yours
-- I have larger docs and use StandardAnalzyer). Mr. McCandless has been
on a tear this year. A Lucene machine.

Kudos as well,

- Mark

eks dev wrote:
> Let the numbers speak,
>
> INDEX SIZE: 58Mio docs, 2.5G on disk
> - two tokenized Fields, both with average 4 tokens (rather small), approx. 2Mio unique
tokens
> - one binary stored field (one VInt)
> - HW commodity AMD PC, 2.8Ghz (or so) 2G RAM, single disk, WIN XP 64bit, jvm 6.0 32bit
>
> before LUCENE-843 indexing speed was 5-6k records per second (and I believed this was
already as fast as it gets)
> after (trunk version yesterday) 60-65k documents per second!
> All (exhaustive!) tests pass on this index.
>
> autocommit = false, 24M RAMBuffer, using char[] instead of String for Token (this was
the reason we separated Analysis in two phases, leaving for Lucene Analyzer only simple whitespace
tokenization)