lucene-dev mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Last attempt
Date Sat, 28 Jul 2007 08:03:08 GMT

27 jul 2007 kl. 02.18 skrev Grant Ingersoll:

> or maybe there is a way to separate out the interface changes from
> the InstantiatedIndex stuff?

One thing I came to think of is to use the IndexReader/IndexWriter
"pipe" available in InstantiatedIndex. I.e. create a Directory, add
documents via IndexWriter, and then pass a new IndexReader to
InstantiatedIndex for merge. Even though this will slow things down
when adding things to an index, I think this is an acceptable solution.

That would only remove the IndexWriterInterface though. It would
still require the definalization of Document, Term and IndexReader.

And by removing IndexWriterInterface one somewhat cripples the
NotifiableIndex.

All in all I don't think it would count as gaining something.

--
karl